Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Great eveing at the Master Tree

Little Mae June (I call her that because she is only as tall as she is wide) was so mad she could spit nails as it appears that when we was eating at the Furrs that they dun stole her famous Jell-o with fruit cocktail recipe. She has been stompin' around the house all day 'cause that is what she was going to enter that at the county fair in the gourmet category.

I tried to tell that little woman it don't matter 'cause she's got lots of mighty good recipes. In fackt I told her to get out her good turquoise handbag to the Master Tree meeting--the one we usually takes to the movie house with a 6 pack of soder pop and some of them little cans of sardines with the Kraft barbecue sauce bottle for dipping. mmmm-mmmm!  She snarled that she gets tired of the sauce getting all over the bottom of her purse.  Out of respekt for her she knows I always scape the sauce back into the bottle   and even pick out most of the purse lint from it, when we get home.     

But she is real good to me, I tell you what. She  boiled up some of them eggs to make her killer boiled egg recipe to sneak in to the big impotent meeting at the Master Tree.

I tell you what more could any feller ask for- A fine fall evening, a bread sack full of boiled eggs, a shaker of salt and getting to watch all the goings on from the back of the meetin and Little Mae June right there by my side.





No comments:

Post a Comment